1) The Earth is our mother, care for her.
2) Honor your ancestors through your actions.
3) Open your heart and soul to the Great Spirit.
4) All life is sacred; treat all beings with respect.
5) Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.
6) Put the good of all before your own interests.
7) Give constant thanks for each new day.
8) Speak the truth; but only of the good in others.
9) Follow the rhythms of nature; rise and retire with the sun.
10) Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks.
"The Bodhisattva is like the mightiest of warriors;
But her enemies are not common foes of flesh and bone.
His fight is with the inner delusions,
The afflictions of self-cherishing and ego grasping,
Those most terrible of demons
That catch living beings in the snares of confusion
And cause them forever to wander in pain, frustration and sorrow.
Her mission is to harm ignorance and delusion, never living beings.
These he looks upon with kindness, patience, and empathy,
Cherishing them like a mother cherishes her only child.
She is the real hero, calmly facing any hardship
In order to bring peace, happiness and liberation to the world."
- The Thirteenth Dalai Lama