3/07/2012

I am


"That oneness is the true feeling of who I am. I am not the personality, or any particular aspect of essence. I am the whole thing, including emptiness and space, and I experience everything in complete harmony. When this happens, there is a sense of intimacy, an exquisite, personal intimacy, the feeling ...that I am me, with nothing excluded, nothing rejected. I am both a person and a universal existence, that what is personal and what is universal are completely harmonious and can coexist. When my whole organism is in harmony on all its levels, there is no conflict. The expression and radiance of that harmony is love. I feel complete and not separate from anything. This is the action of love. The action of love is to unite, to reveal the connectedness. A loving person doesn't love me - a loving person is love. Love isn't given. As Plato said, "Love is the pursuit of the Whole."
A.H. Almaas