3/06/2011

Waunsila is the cure


“During the fourth year, I finally understood why I danced and then I decided I will dance as long as I live. I understood that I have to live what I teach. The true medicine men, Holy Ones, have no reservations about teaching. They are so secure, peaceful, they are not afraid to share and they welcome whoever comes. Spirituality involves waunsila -- compassion; having compassion for people. Give freely; you get back four times. If you practice this compassion, helping others -- those values, those qualities, generosity -- that is your religious life, your spirituality, your Wowacintanka, moral strength. It’s hard work, but you wake up happy. And in waunsila, you don’t have to lie anymore to exist. I have to be compassionate, I have to forgive, and sometimes it’s so hard I am brought to my knees or to tears, or both. However, grudges, anger, revenge, frustration cause cancer. Waunsila is the cure. (Albert White Hat)