8/03/2020

Good Day Sunshine

“Daily, as soon as I wake up, I think to myself: ‘Nothing exists as it appears…’  Then I combine this (awareness) with altruism, thinking of all the rest of the sentient beings who are suffering due to destructive emotions. Once we realize that, the karuna (compassion) automatically comes. Then you get the determination: ‘I must serve as much as I can to clear away all these negative emotions!’. . . A realistic attitude!"

Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to have woken up. I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself. To expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts toward others, I am not going to get angry, or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” ~ The Dalai Lama